US Justice Department acknowledges wide-ranging surveillance of Associated Press in massive Government tyranny against Americans and the Constitution
The president of the Associated Press has sent a letter of protest to US Attorney General Eric Holder over the Department of Justice’s broad surveillance of individual reporters’ phone conversations.
In a letter received by the AP on Friday, the Justice Department acknowledged but offered no explanation for the seizure of two months’ worth of telephone records of reporters and editors. AP’s president, Gary Pruitt, called the ongoing monitoring a “massive and unprecedented intrusion.”
The AP believes that more than 100 journalists are involved in the DOJ’s phone surveillance, which would have involved a wide variety of stories regarding government and other topics. Pruitt has called for the return of obtained phone records, as well as the destruction of all copies.
“There can be no possible justification for such an overbroad collection of the telephone communications of The Associated Press and its reporters. These records potentially reveal communications with confidential sources across all of the newsgathering activities undertaken by the AP during a two-month period, provide a road map to AP’s newsgathering operations, and disclose information about AP’s activities and operations that the government has no conceivable right to know,” said Pruitt.
Charlene Lamb’s testimony:
“From that point on, I could follow what was happening in almost real time,” Lamb said in written testimony prepared for a hearing today by the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, which has been investigating the attack and whether security was adequate.
State Department officials said yesterday they had never concluded the attack grew out of a protest over a video depicting the Prophet Muhammad, as some Obama administration officials had said last month. The officials, who briefed reporters on condition of anonymity, said there had been no protest at the U.S. consulate that day and the attack came suddenly.
Notice the Susan Rice youtube video spontaneous protest meme was destroyed immediately, but more importantly Lamb ‘could follow what was happening in almost real time.’ Sounds a lot like a live video feed with slight delay.
Now here is Hillary denying a feed existed:
Rohrbacher asks about testimony by Charlene Lamb, deputy assistant secretary responsible for embassy security, who later resigned. Lamb had testified that she watched the Benghazi attack on some kind of video feed.
“There was no monitor, there was no real time,” Clinton said. “I think there was a misunderstanding… I think that perhaps what she meant was she was talking to DS people.”
So Charlene Lamb, a 25 year veteran State Department official in charge of US Embassy Security, was confused about watching the terrorist embassy killing in real time? Really? And there is positive confirmation there is at least one video feed that has been acknowledged:
The officials said the “overhead footage was available at a DODlocation,” and they declined to comment further.
So who is lying here? Back to you, Obama.